Sunday, November 15, 2009

Go to bed!!!!

This weekend two days, two different ways. Both nights went to bed way too late (like 2 a.m.). Saturday morning had to wake up with the kids who on a week day have to be dragged out of beds at 8, but on weekends won't sleep later then 7. Today I refused to wake up so V. obliged and got up with them. He fed them and played with them while I continued to sleep. Mind you, they were so loud that I was dreaming our house was full of people and kids and pets and don't ask how the kitchen looked, but it was good that I could sleep until half past ten. Woke up groggy with a headache but still I was a different person.

Yesterday I was pissed off all the time without a specific reason, short tempered, yelling a lot, badly handling everything, from kids to cleaning and cooking. Today I've cooked, cleaned the house, played with kids (a little), prepared parcels for the shop, did two loads of laundry, and had patience for things that would have made me mad yesterday. Like Ana wanted ice cream before lunch, took it from the freezer, and would not put it back. And when I took it away from her she went ballistic and smashed her plate to the floor into pieces. So for the first time I took her into the corner for a time-out, and to my surprise she understood and stayed there crying for a while, then we talked about what happened, she calmed down, came to the table and ate nicely. Who would have thought?

Now could someone please force me go to bed no later then 10:30 p.m. so my kids would have a nice mom tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment