Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Art" project for a two year old and her mommy...

Here is a little exercise we made inspired by Kathy Barbro from art projects for kids.
We used watercolors, masking tape and a black felt-pen. I've made a border out of the masking tape, then I've cut the buildings and taped them randomly on the paper. I could have done a better job at this but didn't think it through. I was just trying to keep Ana busy while doing the real thing (winter birch trees) with Andrei. In the end the real thing didn't come out as planed. Andrei insisted he'd paint the bark cracks in electric green just because he has to put this green on everything (we, bad parents that we are, didn't paint his room green). Anyway, I let him do what he wanted and helped Ana put her choice of colors with a sponge on her paper. Than I let it dry, peeled the masking tape off, draw the buildings with a black pen, and here's what we've got:

This is the original picture scanned, which I have then opened in Gimp and started playing with:
  • brighten-up and enhance colors

  • oilify and add supernova effects in the up-right corner

  • erase little color spots from the buildings

The result is quite neat I think. Now the original lies into little pieces in the waste paper basket (Ana had fun with the scissors). Good that I have saved the files.

No comments:

Post a Comment